• Plan a class excursion to Scribblers Festival 2022 Schools Program for 13-16 Sept 2022!
• Introduce Scribblers authors to your class by reading excerpts or researching their work.
• Take part in The Golden Pen Writing Award.
• Encourage your students to take part in The Golden Pen Writing Award.
• Visit your local library and encourage them to take part in the 2022 Golden Feather Hunt.
The Scribblers Schools Program has many benefits. Here are just a few:
• Celebrate the art of storytelling and spark a joy of reading in young children.
• Encourage older children to persist with their reading and to consider books over social media and gaming. Regular reading promotes empathy and deepens knowledge by introducing students to inspirational characters and important social issues.
• A Scribblers’ school excursion is a memorable experience for children of all ages and backgrounds.
• Good pedagogy: encourage better classroom engagement. Students can relate to their reading material more readily if they meet the author/illustrator in person. Strong literacy skills are central to the educational curriculum. Introducing students to creative professionals who have successful careers as authors and illustrators, is a wonderful way to inspire your students to focus on literacy.
• Fun and rewarding day out! Give students the chance to meet their favourite authors and have a ‘happy fan’ moment!
In the hustle and bustle of festivals and excursions it can be hard to capture comments and feedback from our audiences. We really appreciate your input so please pass on your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our favourite comments:
“An absolutely GOLD opportunity for kids to rub shoulders with industry people who love what they do. Each session we attended just lit us all up and we came away brainstorming and chatting, several books have been created since then, and I know many more are on their way.”
(Home School Parent, Scribblers 2021)